Saturday, May 23, 2009

Lets call her Mira

Okay lemme just say this first "If I ever get the chance to, I'll scrap NYSC." Its one year of your life you'll never get back. I started serving sometime in August and I have been miserable since... I thought this was going to be my funnest year but it really was not. So I decided to kick up some dust and working in a bank is the best place to start, not to mention the branch in question is in a university "sweet sumtins!". I had actually stopped flirting after I left school because i found that students in a particular school usually flow on the same frequency. In other words I was out of touch with the real world for a long time and hence could not communicate on the same level as most of the other corp members I met Xcpt those 4rm my skool.
Back to kicking some dust, I am s'posed to be a marketer but on extremely Hot day I stay in the bank premises and deliver customer service . So she walks in with her friend and I remember my colleague at the office having serious rapport with her friend Sandy on one of our business trips to their faculty. I also remembering saying sumfin like our bank was the best in customer satisfaction, she said you don't even have Tv in the hall, I said if that's the problem any time your in the bank come and i'll give you my phone. I'm going to get DSTV mobile bcos of you (i said this jokingly of course dstv Ke!). She said sure no prob.
Immediately Mira came in she walked straight to my table with Sandy following closely smiled and said where is my phone. Now I have a problem i have not told you guys about, I love it when a chick has well pronounced incisors (chipmunk style). She had the cutest chipmunk dentition I had seen, which made me love her smile, of course. I gave her the phone, she sat down with it transferring stuff, while sandy withdrew some money then went over to my colleagues desk and chatted with him 4 some time. When her friend was through she came over and handed the phone to me. I told her goodbye... that was when it really started.
I saw sandy some time after, walked up to her and asked her for her friends number after exchanging pleasantries, she gave me. Now I started thinking that Mira must have felt a connection that's why her friend gave me her number so easily, I used to have to give a very good explanation and beg b4 collecting a chicks number 4rm her friend.....hmm! Well there was no need for me to try and make Sandy feel better by collecting her own number, matter of fact that will only make her realize that I was trying to make her feel better and she'll feel bad, get it?. So i thanked her and walked away.
It was all uphill from there, things moved fast, dust started settling, a new chapter was created, ....and this turned into one of my most interesting stories in this little town I am serving my country from.

2 comments:

  1. I swear that skool wrecked us all, fortunately a few weeks wiv Barney stinson and Entourage have educated me a bit lol. U nd this ur chipmunk nonsense again...anyway i'm worse, i have a thing for glasses nd braces lol. I'm first to comment again sucker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me i av a thing for pretty lil things but they gotto be able 2 go toe totoe wiv me but men now we r free 4rm some form of oppression let d blogging bgin

    ReplyDelete

Other Sturvz

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Twitter