Sunday, June 28, 2009

The streets...

Okay I have this friend who is surprisingly more carefree than I am, and that is something I have come to realize is hard to be. But my blithe nature make me look like this guys supervisor at work. I'm constantly shocked by his indifference to the most crucial matters of his life. I and lets call him Krimboy have been on many adventures together.
He was born in Lagos but moved to Abuja when he was still quite young, I was born in Kano the Moved to Abj like almost a decade ago. So you can imagine two very buttery boys (i don't know how to spell butty or butt E always has a butt in it..) walking on the streets of somewhere downtown Lagos feeling ADVENTUROUS!!! Our school had open gates (No exeats needed) for about two days, which was rear. So I and "cream-boy" decided to take advantage of this very rear opportunity and bail. We did not have any exact destination, we almost finalizing our plans involving going to UI to see one of his old flames in sec school then it happened.
These two random guys were in an excited argument then they beckoned to us. I looked at krimboy skeptically .... and from his look, he shared my sentiments... we went closer to them. One of them explained to us that hes friend did not know how to play table tennis then asked if we knew how. By now the rude-boys had started playing the game again (let me just say, picture your average danfo conductor, that is exactly how these men looked) and rude-boy1 was trying fruitlessly to explain the rules of the game to rude-boy2. Rude-boy1 then absentmindedly handed his bat to cream-boy beckoning him to play while he went round the table to explained in more detail to Rude-boy2 how to play table tennis. Lest me say this with all modesty, cream-boy handed Rude-boy2's ass to him on the table. Then Rude-boy2 nodded with the understanding of someone who just figured out how points are gained and lost in table tennis. At this point i was like "cream-boy lets go he gets it now" or something. My boy had already started to turn away when Rude-boy1 calls us back and asks us to continue playing, he then brings out a hundred naira note and states clearly in fast paced Yoruba (That I seemed to understand, but not as much as krimboy did) that if krimboy could beat Rude-boy2 in a match that we could have it. Well we couldn't say no to that! My boy got a hundred naira easy, then we wanted to quit. The Rude-boyz faces became noticeably more determined as we were about to go then Rude-boy1 begged us to play again this time bringing out 500 naira I think. So krimboy picked up the bat, started playing, and this time I watched Rude-boy2's face and deciphered that the look on his face was that of a pro determined to look like an amateur. We both new these rugged conductor could beat the living daylight out of us......just thought I'd let you know. I think krimboy noticed the look too because, immediately he lost to this Rude-boy2 (who "Learned How To Play Table Tennis" in his front), we payed them 500 bucks, he looked at me and we both ignored Rude-boy1's pleas to come back and try to win it back.
What was funniest about that day was the fact that without discussing in we both headed back to school and decided it was not the right time to go on fun trips. Now What we agreed on was to keep the event between us, it was just embarrassing!..but yeah wathever!..

2 comments:

  1. bolo u come lag enter my streets this is funny as hell u hustlers were hustled lol

    ReplyDelete

Other Sturvz

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Twitter